Dating in Houston Texas 2022 — Meet Single Girls and Mature Women in Houston
Last updated on September 19, 2022
Houston, Texas, goes by many names for different reasons. For its links to climate it is known as Bayou City, to culture - H-Town, to industry Space City and for the help and support it gave to those affected by Hurricane Katrina — The Big Heart. Houston is diverse in many ways which is why it is so popular for visitors each year. Its population is estimated at around 2.4 million people making it a wonderful place to meet new people. There is the famous coastal visitor center at NASA’s astronaut training complex which draws in many people each year. Alongside this, there are different, well-known districts such as the Theatre District in Downtown and the Historic District with its 19th-century architecture. There is so much to see and do in Houston that you and your date will never be bored with! Houston is full of many restaurants, coffee shops, and parks that lend themselves as perfect date ideas. All in all, Houston is one of the best places to visit in Texas and you are sure to find love here. Take your date on a romantic journey to the stars while enjoying all that Space City has to offer!
Read also more tips about dating in the USA: Dating in New York, Miami, LA, Las Vegas, Settle, Austin, Phoenix, Dating in the UK: Dating in London, Manchester, Birmingham, Dating in Ireland, Dating in France: Dating in Paris.
In the Article "Dating in Houston — Meet Single Women"
- Prices in Houston
- Hotels in Houston
- Meet Single Women in Houston
- Restaurant & Bars in Houston
- Houston Demographic
- Dos and Dont's Dating in Houston
- Online Dating in Houston
- Paid Dating Websites vs Free Websites
- Dating During Covid-19 in Houston
As with planning any trip, it is very important to have a good knowledge of the local prices in the area you are visiting. This is also true when organizing a date. It could be extremely embarrassing for you to not have enough money! We have done some of the work for you and provided you with the average cost of some of the basics for your time in Houston. If you need to find out more do a quick internet search!
- ⏩ Bottle of water. We all need water and, for many of us, buying it is the only option…especially if we are somewhere new. If visiting a restaurant in Houston you can expect to pay around $1.50 for a 0.33-liter bottle. This is handy to know if you plan on having water at your table during a date! However, if you are looking to pick some water up on your travels or to get rid of that nervous dry mouth before a date you can pick up a 1.5-liter bottle for around $1.43. Keep hydrated without having to take out a small loan!
- ⏩ Coffee. Most dates, first especially, revolve around one of two date themes…..a meal or meeting for a coffee and a chat to get to know each other better. In Houston, you can expect to pay around $3.99 for a regular cappuccino. This price will vary depending on the establishment you are in and your hot drink of choice. These prices cannot be argued with and you and your date are sure to enjoy your coffee meet-up without worrying about the cost!
- ⏩ Meal. Going out for a meal is also a classic, early date that allows you both to get to know each other over a delicious meal. Visiting a mid-range restaurant for a three-course meal with your date will cost you around $54. As with coffee, the price of these meals will vary depending on the venue and what you both choose to eat!
- ⏩ Ice-cream. It can get pretty hot in Houston with highs around 35˚C. What is the best way to cool down on a roasting day? Ice-cream! Small ice cream will cost you around $4 rising to $10+ for a sundae. The more indulgent, and large(! ), your ice cream becomes, the more money you will spend. An ice-cream date is quickly becoming as popular as meeting for coffee or a meal.
- ⏩ Beer. Maybe you and your date want to meet for something a little stronger and decide to venture into one of Houston’s bars. Unlike many cities, this will not cost you the earth! A pint of domestic draught beer will cost you $5 and an imported bottle (0.33 liter) will cost around $6. A decent bottle of wine will cost around $12. Cocktails and spirits vary in price so be sure to have a quick look at the menu before ordering!
Knowing how much it costs to get around is another important piece of knowledge. It is sensible to have a good idea of which transport mode you plan to take and do some research into how to access them, timetables and prices. Prices can change so be sure to do your research.
- ⏩. Metrorail. The city"s Metrorail is a convenient transport option that can take you all over the city. A single adult fare costs $1.25 which makes it a very affordable option! While this is a good price you must remember that a Metrorail can only take you so far. Make sure you plan what to do on arrival at the closest stop!
- ⏩. Bus. The local bus service is also priced at $1.25! This service stops at every other corner and is a fantastic choice to get you around the city. It is key to remember that these are reliant on traffic so ensure you leave yourself enough time!
- ⏩. Taxi. There is a new flat-rate taxi fare in Houston that is viable for all downtown trips. This price is $6 which is a fantastic price for a mode of transport that can take you straight to your destination and can be pre-booked. Despite their direct nature and reasonable price, you need to remember how reliant they are on traffic and plan in enough time to get to your destination.
So, you’re all ready to go, you know how much money you need to take and are ready to book your trip. Now all you need to do is figure out where you are going to stay. Like much of the United States there are many wonderful places to stay in Houston. Make sure you do some research well in advance to find the right hotel for you!
- ✅ Looking to visit Houston on a budget and concentrate your cash on finding love? Studio 6 Houston, Deer Park, which is situated close to local restaurants and shops. WiFi, flat-screen TVs, and kitchenettes are standard and there is a laundry service on-site. While the amenities are few this allows you to focus your effort, and money, on finding love. For as little as $93 per night, you can book a room here.
- ✅ Just a 7-minute walk from the Aquarium and around 3 miles from the Museum of Natural Science is the Lancaster Hotel. This hotel offers elegant rooms and suites with beautiful, antique beds, marble bathrooms, and free WiFi. There is an American bistro and bar on-site and the hotel provides a delicious breakfast buffet, free entry to a nearby gym, and a shuttle service (within a 3-mile radius). Prices start at around $180 per night which may seem a little expensive but you certainly get your money's worth!
- ✅ Another wonderful hotel is the Hampton Inn and Suites North Houston Spring. Just 5 miles from the SplashTown water park and 6 miles from the amazing outdoor shows at The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion. Standard rooms include WiFi, flat-screen TVs, mini-fridges, and coffee makers. You can get an upgraded room which adds a sofabed and suites offer living areas, microwaves, and wet bars. There is a wonderful outdoor pool, sundeck, and hot tub as well as a gym and 24-hour market. Prices start at around $130 per night.
Looking for a more luxurious stay in Houston’s only 5-star hotel?
- ✅ Look no further than The Post Oak Hotel in Uptown. This upmarket hotel is situated just 2 miles from the Houston Arboretum and Nature Center. Some rooms offer panoramic city views and all rooms come with free WiFi, smart TVs, and minibars. If you are visiting on a date, why not book a suite? These come with a private gym, balcony, and media room. There are 3 (upscale) restaurants, a cafe, and a bar. You can also visit the outdoor pool, spa, and luxury car showroom! Prices to stay at this beautiful hotel start at around $540 per night.
Now, you are ready! You’ve booked your hotel, packed your bags, and got your money ready! You’re sitting on the plane and suddenly the question hits you….where am I going to meet women in Houston?
A search of the internet will answer most questions you have but to get you started read below!
- ⭐ If you like the nightlife and are confident meeting people in the clubbing environment then Houston has many venues you could, and should, attend. Barbarella, Club Tropicana, and Cle are some of the most popular spots for singles to meet. All it could take is one look across the bar, buying her a cocktail or dancing the night away for you to find the love of your life! In one of Houston’s nightclubs, you could dance your last first dance!
- ⭐ For some people meeting a potential romantic partner in a nightclub is out of the question! You will then want to try and meet your future love during the day. As we all know, many women love to shop so you could head to one of Houston’s fantastic malls such as The Galleria, Memorial City Mall, or Willowbrook Mall. The Cle nightclub mentioned above runs wonderful pool parties in the summer, as do some hotels like Zaza, Four Seasons, and Marriott Marquee.
- ⭐ As mentioned earlier there are many parks in Houston such as Sam Houston Park with its wide-open green spaces, Memorial Park with its beautiful forestry, and Buffalo Bayou Park with its stunning views of the Houston skyline. You could meet your future love while exercising in the park or share a passing smile as you go on a walk.
- ⭐ Want to find a woman who shares the same interests as you. Why not attend an exercise class, evening class, or art class to find someone like you! It is important to find someone who has some interests similar to you so that you have something in common from the outset.
As simple as it may seem you could meet the woman of your dreams pretty much anywhere, from a nightclub, cafe or just walking down the street. The important thing is that you are respectful at all times and keep your eyes open for signs of finding romance!
- Taste of Texas — American Restaurant
address: 10505 Katy Fwy, Houston, TX 77024
Huge steaks from an on-site butcher shop & a vast salad bar star at this family-friendly steakhouse.
- Fogo de Chão Brazilian Steakhouse — Brazilian Restaurant
address: 8250 Westheimer Rd, Houston, TX 77063
Upscale Brazilian chain for all-you-can-eat meat carved tableside plus an extensive salad bar.
- Caracol Restaurant — Mexican Restaurant
address: 2200 Post Oak Blvd #160, Houston, TX 77056
Upscale eatery offering Mexican seafood dishes, booze, an oyster bar & more in a bright, arty space.
- Xochi — Oaxacan Restaurant
address: 1777 Walker St, Houston, TX 77010
Dishes inspired by Oaxaca headline this chic Downtown destination that also serves cocktails & wine.
- Huynh Restaurant — Vietnamese Restaurant
address: 912 St Emanuel St, Houston, TX 77003
Homestyle Vietnamese fare such as spring rolls & rice plates with BYOB available for a fee.
- North Italia — Italian Restaurant
address: 1700 Post Oak Blvd Ste 190, Houston, TX 77056
- Hillstone Restaurant — American Restaurant
address: 4848 Kirby Dr, Houston, TX 77098
Upscale chain eatery featuring steak, seafood & pasta alongside specialty cocktails.
- Nancy's Hustle — New American Restaurant
address: 2704 Polk St A, Houston, TX 77003
Intimate bistro serving a mix of New American & European cuisine plus all-natural wines & cocktails.
- Laurenzo's — Italian Restaurant
address: 4412 Washington Ave, Houston, TX 77007
The steakhouse offers ample portions of American fare in a dark-wood space great for sports-viewing.
- State of Grace — New American Restaurant
address: 3258 Westheimer Rd, Houston, TX 77098, United States
Polished American spot serving creative Texas dishes, oysters, grilled specialties & cocktails.
The female population of Houston is estimated at around 1.2 million! With a female population this high, you are sure to find the woman of your dreams. It is thought that the Ukrainian population of Houston is over 5, 000 so it is possible that you will find your Ukrainian love while in Houston. It must be said that there is a really diverse population of women in Houston, in terms of culture, appearance, religion, and interest. You will definitely find the woman of your dreams here!
Online dating has come such a long way since its conception 26 years ago. Covid-19 has, as odd as it sounds, had a positive impact on online dating as more people turned to the virtual world when the ‘real' world was put on hold. While Tinder is the most popular dating site in Houston you can visit other sites such as eHarmony, Elite Singles, or The League and get on your way to finding love in Houston. A very popular site for searching for the Ukrainian Woman of your dreams is HTTPS: //slavic-girl.com/ This site allows you to search for your ideal Ukrainian woman and read information about dating. The office-based team will assist you in any way they can from helping you talk with women, aiding in the sending of gifts, and arranging your first meeting! Slavic-Girl offers the option of free chat and paid services. Their primary goal is to find the one for everyone! You can also read about their many success stories with over 700 happy couples being formed and many relationships leading to wonderfully happy marriages.
You may have some questions or worries about online dating but fear not! Below are some of the pros of online dating!
- ✌ Get to know someone before actually meeting them! This is a wonderful aspect of online dating as you can really get a feel for whether a connection is being made before you even meet your prospective date in person.
- ✌ Silences on a date can be damaging, for both the date and confidence! Online dating takes the fear of this away. Struggling to think of a question or something to say? You can say you need to pop out etc and come back to the chat later.
- ✌ Letting someone down face-to-face is not an easy thing to do when a connection is not being made. While this is not a lovely aspect to think about, it does mean that you can let another person know you are not feeling a connection without having to see their reaction!
- ✌ Dating more than one person in the real world is definitely frowned upon! However, it is common knowledge that most people in the online dating world are talking to more than one person. You can keep your options open without offending anyone.
- ✌ Online sites help you find exactly, or close enough, what you are looking for. You are able to refine your search based on appearance, interests, religion, etc.
Many people ask themselves…’ is it worth the subscription fees? ’ when using a paid site. Others worry about free sites being a scam. To help you make your choice between using a free or paid website read on!
- While free sites don’t require any payment this does leave them open to people using them for the wrong reasons. On a paid online dating site the people that you are talking to will genuinely want to be there, why would they pay unless they are serious about finding love? Paid sites give you the peace of mind that the people you are conversing with are looking for love, not a cheap laugh or just a one-night stand!
- Security is paramount. Paid websites offer much tighter security and, more often than not, a dedicated team that will help you throughout your romantic search. Your subscription fee paves the way to finding love by giving you the opportunity to seek assistance and know that who you are talking to is who they say they are. On free sites, it is commonplace that people will often pretend to be someone they are not! It is highly unlikely that someone will pay for the opportunity to pretend to be someone else!
- Paid websites often screen their members to ensure they are suitable for others to contact. This means that their history etc is explored and if they are deemed to be unsuitable for using the site they are not permitted to do so, thus protecting those who are looking for love.
Covid-19’s hold on the world appears to be easing and restrictions are being eased all over the world. Traveling to the United States is becoming possible and the country's many cities are ready to welcome back visitors with open arms. While this is positive it is important to still be aware and ensure that we are all as safe as can be. Below are some of the measures/ information you need to be aware of when visiting Houston.
- ✅ There is currently no mandate in place regarding face masks. However, some individual businesses may still require you to wear one so be prepared. It is still recommended that you wear one in public places or when you are likely to be near others.
- ✅ Some venues may require booking where they didn’t before. It is important that you check beforehand.
- ✅ Testing three to five days after arriving in the United States is still recommended to travelers that are not fully vaccinated.
- ✅ Venues such as hotels are doing all they can to ensure their rooms are the cleanest possible.
While measures are easing the city of Houston would like to ensure that all locals and visitors are kept safe. So, while measures are not mandatory they are strongly recommended!
You are now fully armed with all you need to know about entering the dating world in Houston, Texas. You know prices, the best hotels and where you could find the love of your life. All that is left for you to do is book your visit and start packing!