How to Talk to a Girl You Like?
Tips and Tricks on How to Talk to a Girl You Like and Make an Impression
Last updated on February 20, 2024
We have all been there. When talking to a normal, everyday person you can talk away and have wonderful conversations. As soon as you ‘like’ the other person this all changes. More often than not people find making conversation difficult when they are attracted to the other person. This is really difficult when talking with girls face-to-face even on a dating site. It does not get any easier in the online world especially when you have the pressure of making sure you reply quickly enough before they get bored or worried that you are not interested. There are lots of things to consider when talking with a woman that you like. It can be argued that the points we discuss in this article are just as relevant in the real world as they are in the online world. We will look at how you should behave when talking to a woman you like as well as possible ways of building the connection and keeping it going!
- Be polite and respectful. If you are talking to a woman you like then you have probably spent some time chatting with the lady in question. We can also assume that you have already demonstrated how polite and respectful you are. Let’s be honest, if you weren’t she would have probably disconnected by now. You need to be polite and respectful if you are not you will fail to make positive connections with anyone you talk to.
- The difference between hearing what they have to say and actually listening. Hearing what the lady says does not mean you care. You must make sure you actually listen carefully to what the woman has to say. You can demonstrate that you have listened accurately by making relevant comments and asking insightful, relevant questions. If you listen carefully you will then respond accordingly and the lady will notice this. She will feel that you genuinely care about what she has to say and will appreciate this. Women want to be listened to so you must make sure you do this if you want a connection to be established and maintained!
- Honesty is the best policy. The biggest mistake many people make when talking to someone they like is to lie or exaggerate the truth. The issue here is that it may impress the woman in the short term but if you both enter into a more serious relationship she will eventually find out the truth. She could, and rightly so, be very upset about this and decide to not continue with your relationship any further. Make sure you are honest from the outset. Everything you say should be the truth! If you are embarrassed about something you have options - don’t tell her, tell her but explain your embarrassment (for whatever reason). Either way, you should make sure you do not lie!
- Discuss topics she is interested in. This is where reading her profile information carefully comes into play! Get to know what she is interested in and discuss these topics with her. She will appreciate the fact you have taken the time to read her profile/ get to know her and that you remember this information. If you like her, this is the perfect way to demonstrate this as she will feel listened to and understood.
- Questions are the essence of any conversation. It is said that we, as adults, ask over twenty-five questions a day so we need to make sure that each and every one of them counts. When talking with a woman you like you need to make sure that you think carefully about each question you ask. Asking questions is definitely a good thing when talking with a woman you like but you must make sure that the lady does not feel like she is being interviewed. You must also make sure that your questions are not only relevant but do not ask for information she is not ready to give. By this, we mean you should respect her privacy and don’t dig too deep with your questioning. Your lady friend needs to feel comfortable to share certain aspects of her life with you, so don’t start asking questions about her financial situation or why past relationships have not worked.
- Refrain from talking about sex. We are not saying that this topic will not come up at some point, especially if you both become serious about each other. However, if you know you like her in the early stages you must not talk about sex or topics of a sexual nature. Doing so will give the wrong impression and have her believe you are only talking with her because you want one thing. She needs to understand that you are talking with her because you are genuinely interested in who she is as a person and that you want to get to know her. Sex is a sacred act/ topic that should be part of a loving relationship. It is safe to say that 99.9% of women feel this way and will not appreciate the topic being brought up!
Don’t be needy or clingy! If you constantly ask the lady you like if she is okay or pester her 24 hours a day she will feel claustrophobic and overwhelmed by you. A big part of talking with a lady you like is to give her time away from you and not try to talk to her all of the time!
Just remember, be respectful, listen, and be honest!