Dating in New York 2022 — Meet Girls and Mature Single Women in NYC
Last updated on September 19, 2022
Any date sounds in its very romantic way;) New York City suggests a lot – street artists, sky-scrapers, cinemas and theaters, any national cuisine, Statue of Liberty, the sight of Ellis Island, and Central Park, a great mixture of nationalities, successful businessmen, and frauds. It is easy to make new friends here and feel lonely in the crowd. But what if you want to find a lady for serious relationships, create a very close connection with your special one, and maybe start family life? How to start dating here?
Is it hard dating in NYC? Obviously, big cities have more opportunities for successful dating! The number of people there gives you understanding that you will not stay alone tonight;) But how to find women seeking men in New York? Internet dating service NYC can be a great help;)
In the Article "NYC Dating — Meet Singles in New York"
- Transport and Airports in NYC
- Prices in New York
- Hotels in New York
- Cafe, Bars & Restaurants in Manhattan
- Attractions & Date Ideas in New York
- First Date Ideas in NYC
- New york date Night Ideas
- Fun Date Ideas in New York
- Where to Meet Women in NYC
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Dating in NYC
- Online Dating in NYC
- Matchmaking Services in NYC
- Meet Singles in NYC
- Dating in New York During Covid-19
- FAQ about Dating in NYC
A key element to visiting anywhere in the world is to make sure you know how to get around and what the best mode of transport is for you. Going to a new environment is better if you go with a general understanding of how much each form of transport is going to cost you.
- ⏩ Subway. Many visitors to New York will travel around by subway as it is one of the cheaper options and is accessible from many different parts of the city. This will cost around $2.75 for most travelers. There are some metro cards that can, in the long run, save you money and be worthwhile looking into when you arrive.
- ⏩ Buses are also another mode of transfer people like to use when visiting New York. Buses are much like the subways and will cost you, on average, $2.75 per ride. The metro cards you can purchase for the subway can also be used on the buses.
- ⏩ Taxi. The New York City traffic is famous worldwide for standing still at all hours of the day. This is not the case and many people decide to get taxis to their chosen date venue. They are preferred by many due to their direct nature. The basic fee for a taxi is $2.50 with you paying around $1.50 per kilometer.
- ⏩ Walking. The most popular mode of transport in New York is for people to use their own two feet. Walking is often preferred as it is free and allows you to fully appreciate the sights, sounds, and smells of the Big Apple as you travel to your chosen destination.
Now you know how best to travel around New York you may need to know how to arrive in New York by air. Below are the three airports in New York state.
- ✈ LaGuardia airport is mainly used to travel within the United States and is located in New Jersey.
- ✈ JFK (John F. Kennedy) airport is the busiest international passenger gateway into North America. It was previously known as Idlewild Airport. Accepting flights from all over the world is possibly the most likely airport you will arrive in when visiting New York.
New York has many different places for you to spend your money on or with your date! It is always good to visit a place and be prepared for how much the basics will cost you! Now, prices can vary from venue to venue but below are some average prices for some of the things you may want to buy during your visit!
- ⏩ Coffee — Many venues in New York will claim to sell the best cup of coffee in the state, United States, or even the world! The average price for a cappuccino in the Big Apple is $4.84. So whether you are fueling up ready for your date or taking your date for a cup of coffee you are sure to find one for a very reasonable price!
- ⏩ Water. Everyone needs to keep hydrated, especially during a hot, New York summer's day. Whether picking up a bottle for you and your date in Central Park or having a quick blast of H2O before your date you want to do so at a reasonable price! On average you will pay $2.20 for a 1.5-liter bottle of water. Maybe you are both looking for something a little sweeter? Coke or Pepsi will cost you around $2.31.
- ⏩ Beer. Heading out for drinks in the evening? For a pint of domestic beer, you will, on average, pay $8.00. Looking for a beer from further afield? A 330ml bottle will cost you around $9.78. A mid-range bottle of wine will cost you around $15.00.
- ⏩ Meal. You and your date may want to head out for a meal. It is always important to go out for a meal well informed about how much you may end up spending. A three-course meal for two people in a mid-range restaurant will cost around $100. This figure will rise or fall depending on the venue you are visiting.
- ⏩ Ice Cream. Even when visiting a busy place like the Big Apple you will want ice cream on a hot day to help cool you off. On average you will pay $4.25 to cool yourself off with a sweet treat.
Keeping yourself well fed and watered while in New York could not be easier! Everywhere you turn there are cafes, restaurants, and street vendors offering a wide variety of food and drink. Whether eating and drinking on the go or settling down for a romantic meal you are sure to find what you are looking for at a very reasonable price!
When planning to visit anywhere the first thing people think of is where they are going to lay their heads at the end of each day. Finding the perfect hotel for you is extremely important. You need to make sure you are comfortable, relaxed and it has all the amenities you could possibly need.
Below are some of the many hotels New York has to offer!
- ✅ Mint House at 70 Pine — boasting spacious suites with fully equipped kitchens you will feel like you are in an apartment. Smart TVs, free Wifi, and luxurious beds await you. Mint House also has a bar/ lounge and a fitness center to cater to your drinking or exercising needs. There are a variety of deals available with rooms averaging around $300 per night.
- ✅ Arlo Midtown — just a 7-minute walk from Times Square this hotel is in a wonderful location. Featuring a bar, rooftop terrace, and restaurant as well as a gym Arlo Midtown has everything you may need for your stay in the Big Apple. With prices starting around $247 per night you will need to book fast!
- ✅ Archer Hotel New York — around $282 per night
Looking for more luxury hotels?
- ✅ Head over to upper midtown Manhattan, a stone's throw from Central Park, and you will find The Whitby Hotel. The Whitby houses a wonderful restaurant, The Whitby Bar, and a fully equipped gym. Prices start around $920 and rise if you feel like booking the Whitby Suite. Visit here to find out more about this luxurious hotel.
- ✅ The Arntzen Hotel is another popular choice as many people see it as a wonderful value for money. The Arntzen has a gym, free WiFi, and breakfast available and, at $190 per night, is one of the best value for money hotels in New York.
- ✅ The Beekman Hotel
- ✅ Four Seasons Hotel New York
- ✅ Mandarin Oriental Hotel New York
Looking for more of a budget hotel?
- ✅ For $118 per night, you can stay in the Pod 51 Hotel. Situated on a leafy block just one mile from the buzzing Times Square. Most rooms have flat-screen TVs and en-suite bathrooms. Some rooms do have shared facilities. Also housing a courtyard cafe, games and bar room, and a furnished rooftop terrace with city views. This definitely a budget hotel you will enjoy using to rest your head after a wonderful day seeing the sights with your date.
- ✌ The Smith — American restaurant; address: 956 2nd Ave, New York, NY 10022
- ✌ The Modern — New American restaurant; address: 9 W 53rd St, New York, NY 10019
- ✌ Oceana — Seafood restaurant; address: 120 W 49th St, New York, NY 10020
- ✌ Shanghai 21 — Chinese restaurant; address: 21 Mott St, New York, NY 10013
- ✌ O'Hara's — Irish restaurant; address: 120 Cedar St, New York, NY 10006
- ✌ Trinity Place Bar and Restaurant — New American restaurant; address: 115 Broadway, New York, NY 10006
- ✌ Ocean Prime — Seafood restaurant; address: 123 W 52nd St, New York, NY 10019
- ✌ Westville Chelsea — American restaurant; address: 246 W 18th St, New York, NY 10011
- ✌ Supper — Northern Italian restaurant; address: 156 E 2nd St, New York, NY 10009
- ✌ Sanfords — New American restaurant; address: 30-13 Broadway, Astoria, NY 11106
- ✌ Cookshop — American restaurant; address: 156 10th Ave, New York, NY 10011
- ✌ Le Bernardin — Seafood restaurant; address: 155 W 51st St, New York, NY 10019
- ✌ Per Se — French restaurant; address: 10 Columbus Circle, New York, NY 10019
- ✌ Bea — American restaurant; address: 403 W 43rd St, New York, NY 10036
New York, The Big Apple, or the City that Never sleeps is possibly one of the United States' most popular and famous destinations. Manhattan, the most densely populated of its 5 boroughs, lies among the world’s major commercial, financial and cultural centers. With many iconic buildings such as the looming skyscrapers, the incredible Empire State building, and the beautiful, sprawling Central Park as well as Broadway New York is definitely the place for singles to find their true love! New York has a long history and you can find many hidden gems as you walk the streets. There is so much to see and do that you will definitely not want to sleep and will want to find the perfect date to share your Big Apple adventures with! Read on to find out more about dating in New York!
The biggest problem people face when trying to arrange a date in New York is where to go. This is because there is so much to do you won’t know where to start! With so many choices you will probably need some time to work out where to take your New York date. You could go with a classic and head out for brunch, lunch, or dinner or try something a little different! To help with this we have broken down the possible date ideas into different categories!
- ✅ In Midtown Manhattan is the interesting Raine’s Law Room where you and your date can learn to make delicious cocktails by partaking in their award-winning 90-minute classes. These classes take place every Saturday and Sunday between 13:00-14:30 pm. These classes are priced at $250 but will provide with you an extensive knowledge of different cocktails to take with you. You will probably be very hungry after mixing cocktails so once you’ve recreated these amazing recipes pop over the street and treat your New York date to a sumptuous meal at Basta Pasta.
- ✅ Fancy eating an amazing meal that you and your date cook up together? Why not head down to Union Square Park and get to know each other better while discovering how well you work together. Cozymeal guarantees a variety of amazing, verified chefs which keeps you safe in the knowledge that you will receive a quality class each time. Each chef has their own special class and each varies in price starting at around $100 per person. Most classes are at least 2-3 hours in length and not only include being taught how to make some delicious dishes but giving you the chance to share them with your date as well! Cook up an amazing meal and begin your recipe for romance.
- ✅ The Upper East Side houses some amazing venues including Via Quadronno. This traditional cafe offers some of New York’s finest coffees and pastries. Get to know each other better over your favorite pasty and then take a walk through Central Park to round off a wonderful first date.
There are many, many different venues that you could take your New York date to for the first time. Make sure you think carefully about what they might like and plan ahead! First impressions count for everything!
So, you and your date have had your first date and are ready to embark on something new. Now is the time to start planning your future dates….so where to go?
- ✌ The Fleur Room — This is rooftop dining at its very best. It is situated on Moxy’s 35th floor in Chelsea. This amazing room boasts panoramic views of Manhattan. You and your date can enjoy food, drinks, or both while observing the sunset of Manhattan. This is one of the best places to further cement your feelings for each other.
- ✌ Snug Harbour Cultural Centre — Situated just across the bay at Staten Island this used to be a home for retired sailors but now has a different purpose. The area now houses a mixture of beautiful art galleries and scenic gardens. For $90 per adult, you and your date can visit the SHCC and take a day tour. You and your date can continue to develop your romantic journey while taking in the beautiful sights of the SHCC.
- ✌ One of the most popular date ideas is hosted by Liberty Helicopters. Seeing the skylines and touring the cityscape below is incredibly breathtaking. On these tours, you will take in the Empire State Building, Brooklyn Bridge, and the Statue of Liberty from a whole new perspective. Fancy something even more amazing? Why not take the tour at night and witness something really special. Tours start at $190 per person, depending on the duration of the tour. This is worth every cent as you and your date explore the city by air as you continue to explore your romance.
These are just a few of the many, many amazing date ideas for you and your New York date.
Now, everyone’s idea of fun is different but below are some alternative date ideas that you may like to look into!
- ✅ In the center of Manhattan lies the Museums like The Metropolitan Museum of Art, The Met Cloisters, Museum of the City of New York, National Museum of the American Indian, Tenement Museum. With many different tours, rotated exhibitions, and detailed talks that help you delve deeper into the history. Maybe break the day up by visiting one of the cafes for a coffee or lunch. You may also like The Museum of Modern Art, Whitney Museum of American Art, Queens Museum, Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum, Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum, Museum of Ice Cream.
- ✅ Looking for more of an active date? Why not Kayak across the Hudson. The best part of this is that between May and October it is completely free! You and your date can enjoy a romantic kayak around Pier 26 at Hudson River Park while kayaking into each other's hearts.
- ✅ One of New York’s most celebrated attractions is the famous Rockefeller Center, home to the famous Rockettes. A fun, fantastic idea is to visit the Rockefeller center in winter and partake in some romantic ice skating. You are sure to feel peckish after skating into each other's hearts so why not visit one of the many eateries nearby or even eat in the Rockerfeller itself.
- ✅ Say New York and most people will think Central Park. Take a walk through this extensive park, pick up a coffee and talk to your date. Need a little more? Take your date on the Central Park Carousell for just $3.25 per person. There is nothing more romantic than holding hands with your date as you travel around on the carousel.
New York has an extensive number of potential date venues from restaurants to music venues, theaters to skyscrapers, parks to museums. Planning a date is actually quite difficult in the Big Apple….there are too many places to choose from! You and your date will want to visit again and again to experience all that New York has to offer.
If you are planning on venturing into New York to meet the woman of your dreams then you need to think carefully about where you find could her! Finding love is as easy as walking down the street or bumping into someone in a shop. Love is always there if you take the time to see it!
Below are some of the places you may meet women in New York City.
- ⏩ Central Park — Central Park is green have in the center of the city. With beautiful trees, wide green spaces, and little hidden nooks of joy it is a great place to meet someone. You may be exercising in the park and find your new running partner. Many singles job their way through Central Park on a daily basis so keep your eyes peeled! You may even meet the one just walking through the park on your way to work as you take a relaxing, evening walk. A smile, a look, a simple hello could be all it takes to start the romantic story you have been looking for.
- ⏩ The sidewalk — yes, you read that properly! As everyone knows New York is a bustling city with thousands of people walking its streets every day. You could easily bump into the one as you navigate your way through the busy streets of the Big Apple!
- ⏩ There are many different nightclubs in New York that you may find the New York single you have been searching for. You could visit Paul’s Cocktail Lounge for a more exclusive feel or Le Bain with its Penthouse disco, hot tub (yes, a hot tub!), and a variety of music. Wherever you go you are sure to meet New York singles looking to find true love.
- ⏩ It is well known that there are many tourist hot spots in New York. You may find your New York single at the top of the Empire State building. Admire the view as you and your future date lock eyes. Maybe you meet in one of the many museums and discuss your favorite period in history or the techniques of your favorite artists. You could even meet on the Ferry as you pass by the Statue of Liberty. Discuss the beauty of the statue as you admire the beauty of your newfound friend.
You could literally meet a single New York lady anywhere in the Big Apple. You may even be looking for a singleton from further afield while you are in New York. New York has the biggest Ukrainian population of all the American states with figures estimated at 148,700 Ukrainian (and Ukrainian American). With statistics like this, you are sure to find your Ukrainian single woman in the Big Apple. Finding love in New York is as easy as blinking so don’t waste any more time, get out there in NYC and find the one!
Online dating is a worldwide phenomenon that changed the dating landscape with its introduction in 1995. Since then there have been great strides in ensuring that online dating is safe, secure, and successful! In a city that never sleeps, it is understandable that many people do not have the time to meet another singleton in a bar or social setting. With many sites proving popular in New York there is no shortage of ways to find your New York date! Visiting sites such as eHarmony, Elite Singles, or The League will guide you on your way to finding love in New York. Why should I enter the online dating world you ask?
Below are just some of the many reasons to create that online dating profile!
- ✅ Get to know each other before meeting in person. You can use this time to discover your similarities and differences. The conversation is key and asking questions is of vital importance. This will be time well spent when you get to arrange your first date!
- ✅ No awkward silences on the first date. Is there anything worse? Many people feel more confident talking via emails or instant messaging. Allow yourself the opportunity to get to know someone without the added pressure of them looking at you across the table!
- ✅ If you realize that a connection is not being made or that you are too different you can part ways easily and amicably while continuing your search. This is not always easy to do when dating face-to-face as letting someone down is not an easy thing to do.
- ✅ Chat to more than one person without worrying about offending others. Many people in the online dating world are getting too numerous people before meeting face to face. This is definitely frowned upon when done in ‘real life’ but online dating is more a conversation tool allowing different people to get to know each other before taking their romantic journey to the next level.
- ✅ Refine your search - most dating sites allow you to make your searches quite specific. Looking for blondes, brunettes, redheaded — it will help you. Looking for an intellectual person? It can find them for you! Looking for that Ukrainian romance? they will surely do the job! It could not be easier to find exactly what you are looking for!
Online dating provides you with the perfect environment to find potential dates and get to know them in detail before taking the leap and meeting face to face. Covid-19 has, although it feels odd to write this, had a positive effect on online dating as more and more people have made their way into the virtual world of finding love.
Why do more and more people choose internet matchmaking services in NYC?
- ⏩ You can look for the dates of a certain age range there – as you can imagine youngsters and mature people have different places to get acquainted with their dates. There is a big difference in districts where people with different levels of income live. If you are a tourist or a newcomer you can easily be messed and try to find the lady of your age and your social status in an inappropriate place and spend your time for nothing. While looking for your date on the internet, using best matchmakers NYC, you can find profiles of the ladies you can be interested in for several minutes.
- ⏩ You can plan your time in a more efficient way. Instead of waiting for the lady, you like entering the bar or the museum or sending you a smile on the street, you can start talking to ladies that are interested in you already. And after exchanging some messages, you can fix the date in real life.
- ⏩ If you want to date in New York today, more likely you can meet ladies online with the same wish. So your night will not be spoiled with boring waiting.
- ⏩ There are many single women in NYC. But what kind of relationships are they looking for? Marriage, dating, just having fun? Again, that is easier to choose the date with the same goal you have, choosing her on the Internet.
- ⏩ Single women in NYC, as well as single men, can come from different cultures, which is usual for such a huge and busy city. So when you make the first steps in communication with the lady that is common for your culture, you can be misinterpreted. Choosing any date on the Internet, more likely you will get ready for any cultural particularity (if you are a smart man, of course)
- ⏩ You can understand a lot about the person when he or she chooses the place for a meeting. Talking online, let the woman choose the place for meeting, you will get a better understanding of her interests and social status than reading the description in her profile!
We are sure that after reading about all these advantages of Internet dating in NY you will agree that the Internet is the best place to meet singles in NYC
You can try local dating sites, some of them even have dating apps so you can use them on your way home;)
Those men who want to get quality and fast service can try the service of matchmaker NYC. What is the difference between using NYC dating sites or matchmaking services? A matchmaker will work individually with you and will make routine searches himself. You will be suggested to meet ladies who are close to your criteria. This service can save a lot of time and is more efficient, especially if you are new to that kind of search and have little free time. With that high speed of life, all new yorkers have to face, finding time for dating can be a difficult task. So let professionals do the boring job for you;)
New York is the city of big opportunities, the city that will make all your dreams possible. That is why it is like a magnet for millions of people who chose to live there and for millions of tourists. Finding your love can be easy if you find yourself in the right place at the right time. Choose smart ways of looking for your lady and be happy!;)
Covid-19 has been such an enormous, negative, part of our lives for almost two years now and it has affected every aspect of our lives, especially dating, as we have been unable to go and meet people in the same way as before. Restrictions are being lifted or eased all over the world and the ability to travel is becoming easier. Below is some information that will be useful when planning your trip.
- ✅ Most restrictions in this area were lifted in June 2021 as 70% of New Yorkers, aged 18 or over, had their first or second jab of a Covid-19 vaccine.
- ✅ In response to the Delta Variant, there is a new requirement in New York. Patrons and employees are now required to provide proof of vaccination for the city indoor establishments. This would include museums, theaters, movie and performing art places, bowling alleys, cafes, restaurants, nightclubs, coffee shops, and all other forms of indoor dining, concert halls, casinos, fitness centers.
- ✅ Testing in 3-5 days after arriving is recommended to travelers that are not fully vaccinated.
- ✅ To enter any part of the United States you will need proof of a negative test result taken three days prior to their flight departure or provide.
- ✅ Wearing face masks is recommended although not mandatory.
- ✅ Many venues have hand sanitizing stations for your use.
The many tourist spots and popular places are keen to continue welcoming visitors at all times and are doing their very best to ensure that all visitors, and employees, are safe and have an enjoyable experience. If we work together against Covid we can all help create a safer, positive environment.
So, you’ve heard a lot of information about the city that never sleeps and all of the wonderful reasons to stay awake on your next visit! Whether trying to find love in the Big Apple or visiting New York with a date-cation you are sure to want to book a return visit as soon as possible. What are you waiting for? Book your trip to New York to find your Big Apple romance.
❤️ Is Dating in New York Hard?
❤️ Is New York City Good for Dating?
❤️ Where Do Singles Meet in New York City?
❤️ How Do I Find People to Date in New York?
❤️ How Can I Get a Girlfriend in NYC?
❤️ Is New York Good for Singles?
❤️ How to Find Single Women on Dating Site in NYC?
❤️ How to Meet Singles in NYC?
When you are young and communicative, you can get acquainted with the girl in the underground or on the bus, in the cinema or in the bar, in the stadium, in the sports club, in the theater, or in the skating rink. When your salary and your responsibilities grow, you find yourself locked within certain surroundings, meeting the same people every day. If you have noticed that, try Internet dating to find a decent lady standing out of your surrounding. This can be a very interesting and also effective experience! We always advise those who have just arrived in New York to enjoy not only skyscrapers, shopping, and beautiful streets. Enjoy communicating with people. Meet, try to love, try to trust, burn yourself, rush in search, again and again, experience the joy of a special life in New York!