Last updated on September 20, 2021
The first written about Rivne mention in 1282 in connection with the battle between the Lithuanian and Polish troops. The XV century passed into the ownership of Prince S. Nesvitsky. His wife Maria Nesvitskaya (Rivenskaya) builds a wooden castle in 1479, Rivne receives the Magdeburg right and the privilege of holding a fair. Throughout the XVI-XVII centuries. the city belonged to the princes Ostrozhsky, then Zamoysky, Konetspolsky, Walewsky, and since 1723 - Lubomirsky, who restored the castle, turning it into a luxurious palace (now the territory of the Hydropark and the city stadium).