Dating in Ireland 2023 — Meet Girls and Mature Irish Ladies
Last updated on October 14, 2023
Ireland is a vibrant island in the North Atlantic. It is divided into two sections, the Republic of Ireland which occupies the majority of the island, and Northern Ireland which is part of the United Kingdom. With a population of over 6.5 million people, Ireland is the second-largest populated island in Europe. It has vast, green planes, low-lying mountains, and fast-flowing rivers and is surrounded by many beaches. The climate is mild and frequent rainfall gives this island its lush vegetation and attractive appearance. Tourists from all over the world visit Ireland every year to see such places as Bunratty Castle, Cliffs of Moher, Rock of Cashel, Holy Cross Abbey, and many amazing attractions that this island has to offer.
One of the most popular cities in Ireland is Dublin, situated on the east coast at the mouth of the River Liffey, it attracts many tourists each year. Dublin Castle, dating back to the 13th century, and St Patrick’s Cathedral are the most visited places of this bustling and romantic city. Belfast, the capital of Northern Ireland, is also an incredible city to visit and is famous for many things including the foundation of the RMS Titanic, which famously struck an iceberg and sank in 1912.
We want to explain that this page will talk about Ireland as a whole. We are not splitting Ireland into two separate areas.
In the Article "Dating in Ireland"
If Ireland is the country you have definitely decided to visit and nothing is going to stop you from finding that special someone then you need to learn a little bit about different means of transport in Ireland. Although it is only an island, it has lots of different ways of getting you to your Irish love.
- ⏩ Airports. Ireland has many airports with hundreds of local and international destinations. You can choose Dublin Airport, Belfast Airport, Shanon Airport, Cork Airport, and many more. If you meet your Irish love online always make sure you arrive at the airport which is nearest to your lady’s hometown to save yourself any further travel on land.
- ⏩ Train. When traveling around Ireland you have to decide what it is that you are looking for while traveling across the country. If you are looking for the fastest way to get from point A to your Irish lady then train travel is definitely the best way for you. It is fast, economical, and straightforward. Once onboard a train you can surely enjoy beautiful Irish landscapes zooming past your window. Trains are calm, comfortable, and speedy. They run on a schedule, so don’t be late. Booking a train ticket online could save you even more precious time to spend with your beautiful Irish lady.
- ⏩ Car. Some people prefer to have more freedom in getting to their destinations so they choose to travel by car. Hiring a car in Ireland will cost you from as little as £27 (32 Euros) per day. There are endless agencies you can hire a car from in different cities and towns in Ireland. It is even easier if you arrive at the airport and look for car hire options there.
- ⏩ Buses are the other option for traveling as there are many different routes. Timetables are clear and visible at many bus stops across the country. Buses are fast, easy, cheap, and often have routes best suited for you. Traveling to get to your date once in Ireland? Get a one-way bus ticket for only 2.60 Euros. With a variety of stops and routes, buses could be quite an easy and economical option to move around. Do you need to get to your date quicker?
- ⏩ Taxi. Get a taxi for only 1.33 Euros per kilometer. Why not use a comfy taxi at the end of your date to deliver your love home safely with room for sweet kisses in the back seat?
When going to any new place it is important to make sure that you have the right amount of funds available to spend during your visit. Dating does not have to be expensive but in our modern world and plenty of entertainment offerings, it is hard to resist simple little pleasures.
- ⏩ Coffee Inviting your Irish date to stop for a quick hot drink is something anyone would enjoy and could afford. What could be better than a stop at a cozy coffee house with the lady of your dreams? A regular cappuccino in a restaurant will cost you an average of 3.27 Euros. Looking for something cooler to quench your thirst? A bottle of water will cost you 1.39 Euros.
- ⏩ Beer If stopping at a pub for an alcoholic drink you will find no difference when it comes to the price of beer, both local and imported beer will cost you on average 5 Euros. Fancy a bottle of wine to share with your date? This will cost you around 10 Euros. A soft non-alcoholic drink such as Coke or Pepsi will cost from as little as 1.77 Euros per bottle.
- ⏩ Meal Going out for a lovely romantic meal with your Irish date? A three-course meal for two in a mid-range restaurant will cost you on average 60 Euros. Looking to save your pennies for some other adventures? Enjoy dining in an inexpensive restaurant with meals only around 15 Euros per person.
- ⏩ Ice Cream. Does your Irish lady fancy a sweet treat? Why not stop at one of the inviting ice cream parlors? Tasty ice cream of the flavor of your choice will cost you approximately 1.50 Euros. If your love has even more of a sweet tooth, try impressing her with a box of cheeky chocolates that you could feed each other with, which you could purchase from 10 Euros per box.
When traveling to an unknown country it could be slightly uncomfortable because of the lack of knowledge of the area. It is completely natural to feel that way and therefore it is essential to do a little research beforehand. One special thing about traveling to Ireland is that you will never feel lost as people in Ireland are extremely friendly and helpful. The majority of people all over Ireland speak the English language. The Celtic language is becoming used less and less but you must not worry, any Irish person will try their best to help you, guide you, and make sure you are a happy guest.
- ✅ When traveling to meet your Irish date in Dublin, why not book a room and stay in one of the highly-rated hotels, Hyatt Centric The Liberties, Dublin? Bookings start at only £111 for a double room with free cancellation and a large variety of amenities. Rooms offer mountain or city views and include high-speed WiFi so that you can stay in touch with your Irish lady at any time. If you fancy a little workout before your date visit a well-equipped gym and fitness center located in the hotel building.
- ✅ If you are traveling on a budget then the Ibis Belfast City Centre Hotel is the best option for you. It is one of the highest-ranked hotels featuring prices as low as £56 per night. Ibis Hotel is only a five-minute walk from Belfast's city center and its amazing nightlife, which is great if your Irish lady is meeting you in the heart of Belfast. A cozy coffee shop located in the hotel is always a lovely start to your romantic day. Enjoy this modern accommodation in the buzzing and historically fascinating capital.
- ✅ Fancy something more exquisite and luxurious for a few nights in Dublin? Why not stay at The Merrion Hotel. With prices of £328 per night, this Georgian townhouse offers a choice of 142 rooms and suites overlooking landscaped gardens. You could even invite your Irish love to dine in the 2-star Michelin restaurant, Patrick Guilbaud, or The Cellar Restaurant and Bar. The intimate No 23 cocktail bar awaits as does the Tethra Spa which boasts an 18m pool, steam room, fully equipped gymnasium, and two private treatment rooms. Why not spoil your Irish lady with a Spa day at your hotel?
If you are looking for a romantic adventure then Ireland is certainly the place to go. It offers a vast variety of dating ideas, from kayaking down a river to mountain climbing, and kite surfing to romantic walks in picturesque nature. You can enjoy cozy nights by the fire in forest cabins or the crazy after-dusk life of the many nightclubs, restaurants, and famous Irish pubs.
- Impress your date with the best scenery. Ireland has to offer Moher Cliffs known for their breathtaking beauty, peaceful walks, and rich flora and fauna all year round. A quiet conversation, and getting to know one another in the most romantic natural place will create an unforgettable memory for the both of you to cherish and remember forever.
- Does your Irish sweetheart also have a sweet tooth? Treat her to an unforgettable visit to the Chocolate Garden of Ireland, the most famous place for anyone with a taste for luxurious, hand-made chocolate and premium ice cream (Tipperary ice cream brand). This family-run business offers the most indulgent, chocolate treats using only the best quality, natural ingredients. Take your future love to one of the chocolate-making sessions which run all day until 4.30 pm, costing only 12 Euros and lasting for 30 unforgettable minutes that you could spend together creating unique chocolate and even more unique memories of your own. Booking is required so don’t forget to give them a call to secure a date and time of your visit. Chill at the cafe on the grounds and enjoy hot chocolate delight with the lady of your dreams.
- Do you think you are courageous enough to promise your love a star from the sky? Take her to the mesmerizing Astronomy Centre and Planetarium. What could be more romantic than looking at the stars together and dreaming about your future adventures that might start under this brilliant sky? It is proven that showing an interest in cosmic activity makes men more attractive to women as they admire intelligence, curiosity, and open-mindedness. Make a wish together as you spot a shooting star and who knows… it might just come true in the form of a cheeky kiss and a loving embrace. Dare to reach for the stars!
- Is your Irish princess interested in fauna? Don’t hesitate and take her to the Cork-Fota Wildlife Park and take a walk on the wild side together. Situated on 100 acres of land this beautiful zoo has different animal species in danger of extinction, such as the Amur tiger, white leopard, and red panda. Have a laugh together while watching adorable penguins do water tricks and take a bite at wild dining Savannah Cafe or romantic Oasis Cafe. Treat your loved one to a yummy ice cream from Carte D’Or parlor.
- Is your date more into dancing and partying the night away? Take her to one of the best nightclubs in Belfast — The Limelight. This popular place offers entertaining live shows, tasty food, a vast variety of drinks, and, of course, only the best music. Share a cocktail in a cool cafe/bar in Wigwam, Dublin, which is one of the most popular nightclubs with live hip DJ music. Dance the night away in the Lifestyle Date night club in Limerick and impress your date with those special moves!
Irish people are known for being welcoming and hospitable. They love their national cuisine and are open to embracing different cuisines from all over the world. No matter the taste, Ireland has it all to offer. Pork and chicken, thick fatty strips of salty bacon (known as rashers), and the use of salted butter have been central features of the diet in Ireland. This country once dominated the world’s market for whiskey, producing 90% of the world’s whiskey at the beginning of the 20th century. Other famous types of alcohol are Baileys cream-liqueur, Guinness beer, and Stout.
- ✌ If you are after a real taste of Ireland and some local cuisine, Davy Byrne’s is definitely a restaurant for you and your Irish date. With a variety of local recipes, vegetarian-friendly dishes, and traditional European meals Davy Byrne’s is one of the best and most popular places in Dublin. With excellent customer service and a friendly smile, you will definitely savor a real taste of Ireland with its wholehearted hospitality and extremely tasty food.
- ✌ Are you up for something spicier with a bit of heat? Take your Irish love to an Apoema Bistro. They serve traditional Brazilian, Portuguese, and Mediterranean dishes while being tucked away down a backstreet in the Galway city center. Apoema Bistro is a true gem, hidden away for a more romantic atmosphere. Your Irish beauty will definitely enjoy the kaleidoscope of flavor and feelings sharing a meal with you.
- ✌ Prefer oriental cuisine? Try stopping by Himalayan Nepalese and Indian restaurants in Belfast. They are rooted in old-age traditions that will go far beyond your expectations. Himalayan preparatory methods include the core traditional Nepalese grilling style of Tandoori with the modern concept of extensive experience. Spoil your loved one with an exciting meal and your charming company.
✅ DO enjoy yourself! This may sound obvious but many people treat dates like an interview process. The Irish love to have a good time, the craic, and will not appreciate being analyzed for the entirety of the date. Relax, have fun and enjoy the experience! If you are too serious you may put your date off!
✅ DO be prepared to meet the family! Most people don’t meet the family of the person they are dating until a few months down the line. In Ireland, you are likely to meet the family on a couple of dates! This is normal in the Irish dating scene and you should be ready for not only your date but their family as well!
✅ DO think outside the box when you are planning a date activity. The Irish will not (necessarily) want to embark on the usual dating activities (dinner for two etc) all of the time. Make the date more interesting or different. Go for a hike, take an art class or cookery class. Partaking in something different will be a great talking point!
✅ DO be yourself! The Irish are known for being honest and do not appreciate being lied to, even if the lie is small and a way of impressing them! It is better to be the real you from the outset as the truth will out eventually! Show your date the real you and give them the chance to fall in love with you, not someone you profess to be! Honesty is certainly the best policy!
❌ DON’T take their laid-back nature as a reason to make less effort! The Irish are well known for being more laid back but this does not mean they suffer bad treatment. Make sure you treat your Irish date the same you would anyone else or you will find out what an Irish temper could be like!
❌ DON’T spend too much time on your phone. Unless you are on call for work or have children that may need to contact you it is advised that you put your phone on silent or turn it off! Your Irish date will want your fullest attention and very quickly lose interest if you are staring at your phone! Be present and give them attention!
❌ DON’T take yourself too seriously! The Irish love the craic (a good time) and banter is definitely a part of this! The Irish have a great sense of humor and can take it as well as they give it! Enjoy the to-and-fro and partake in the jokes….just don’t go too far and offend your date! While your date will enjoy the jokes they don't want to be offended!
❌ DON’T become too needy or come on too strong. Your Irish date will let you know whether they like you or not. Messaging every five minutes or professing love after one date is a surefire way to put off your date! Be yourself, be present, and be understanding. If they like you they will take the time to message you and if they don’t….they will make sure you know!
Searching for an Irish love? You have to know that if you are lucky to meet an Irish beauty you will find directness, friendliness, honesty, and 100% devotion to her man and family. Irish girls are not only very attractive and feminine redheads but they are also known for an unusual mix of dark hair and blue eyes (Galway girl). Meeting a single Irish girl can be done through many online dating platforms, in a pub, nightclubs, shopping centers, nature walks, and even common interest activity centers, such as kite surfing lessons, hiking, or canoeing. Don’t worry if your Irish lady is late for her date, give her plenty of time as she will want to look her best for you and perhaps spend a bit too much time trying to impress you with her beauty. Be yourself, be honest- every single lady will appreciate your honesty and true personality.
If you are looking to meet a Ukrainian lady living in Ireland, Loveawake.com is one of the best websites for it. It has many women who migrated to Ireland including many Ukrainian beauties. Good luck in your Irish love search. It will definitely be worth it! Upon finding that special someone in Ireland you might also fall in love with this beautiful island.
Covid-19 is a large part of our lives and has had a negative impact on many people but its hold on the world is slowly lifting despite some countries bringing back some measures to stop the spread of the virus. It is vital that we all stay as safe as possible and keep those around us safe. Ireland is no different and the venues within Ireland have all done their best to ensure that all tourists, and local people, are kept as safe as possible. Here are some of the measures put in place to ensure you are as safe as can be during your visit.
- ✅ Cleanliness — all venues work hard to ensure rooms, tables, etc are kept as clean as possible. They are sanitized regularly. Cleaning stations are also available for you to sanitize your hands.
- ✅ Face coverings — while they are now optional in the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland many venues will prefer guests to wear face coverings (unless sat eating).
- ✅ Staff — all staff take regular Lateral Flow tests and respond accordingly. They also sanitize themselves regularly and wear face coverings to ensure the safety of all guests.
- ✅ Vaccines — the majority of the adult population of Ireland, and Northern Ireland, have had both vaccines and are therefore less likely to catch or transmit COVID-19.
All appropriate measures are being taken in accordance with government and scientific advice to ensure that all visitors to Ireland are kept safe and the spread of Covid-19 is minimal. Updates on these measures can be found on official government websites and are updated regularly.
❤️ What Is Dating in Ireland Like?
The dating scene is, generally, the same no matter what part of the world you are in. However, each country, city, or town generally has its own differences or quirks that can change how you approach dating there. One thing that makes dating in Ireland a bit different from other areas is how comfortable the people are introducing their dates to their families very early on. In Ireland, you will find that your date won’t hesitate to introduce you to her ‘mam’ after the second date or invite you to spend time with her friends early on. This is not seen as much of a big deal, like in other areas of the world, and so is not seen as the next step but more of a natural thing to do! However, one thing to remember is that an Irish Mam, while being friendly and hospitable, will be highly protective of her child and will be wary of you until you make her think otherwise! Rejection is not normally something that people think of when discussing dating, mainly because they hope it does not happen or they feel it will be a completely negative experience. This is not the case in Ireland. Many Irish people have a ‘no hard feelings’ approach to life. If a date doesn’t go in the direction you both hoped there are no hard feelings at all and you will probably find you’ve made a friend! They may even help you on your journey to find the one. While rejection is not a positive experience this should, at the very least, make you feel more comfortable that you will not be hurting the other person’s feelings or that they will hold a grudge! Fewer games are played in Ireland. By this we mean when it comes to dating you will find that Irish people are less likely to play mind games. They are an honest bunch and will let you know how they are feeling either way (whether they like you or don’t). The other positive is that life is a little slower in Ireland than in other, more fast-paced areas of the world. This is not to say that the Irish are any less ambitious or successful but that the Irish way of being is more laid back. This actually means they look for something more serious than a hook-up or temporary thing. Don’t be afraid….they will not want marriage immediately but it should ease your mind as to what their intentions could be!
❤️ How Do You Date in Ireland?
There does not appear to be a particular dating culture in Ireland. In some areas of the world, people prefer to meet through friends or family, others prefer the online dating world and there are those countries or cities where the dating population is up-front and confident enough to talk to anyone! The dating scene in Ireland appears to be all of these and none of them at the same time! Many will say the first ‘meeting of eyes’ will more than likely take place at an event or pub and a conversation struck up from there. When dating in Ireland you need to be prepared to meet the family quite early on (make a good first impression!) and to be up for the craic (good time) all of the time! In Ireland, it is important to remember that dating should be fun and the Irish are the best for seeing it this way. They look to have a good time and enjoy themselves and if one (or both) of you isn’t feeling it then there are no hard feelings and you both move on! Obviously, you must remember to be respectful, and honest and not play any games. Do these and you are sure to find dating success on the Emerald Isle!
❤️ Which Is the Best Dating Site in Ireland?
When considering which dating app or site to use many people will go for the most talked-about or what their friend recommends to them. However, this does not always mean they are the best sites. It is important to do a little research into the apps and sites that suit your requirements and those that are seen as the most successful in your area. In Ireland, there are two dating sites/ apps that are seen as the best.
★ Singles50 is the best site for those over 50 in Ireland looking for love. They use comprehensive profiles to help you discover singles with common interests. You can send smiles, compliments, and private messages. The site helps you make the first steps! One brilliant aspect of the site is that you get to pick who sees your pictures. Your data is completely protected and they do all they can to ensure you get the best out of the online dating scene.
★ Be2 is a very popular site in Ireland. There is a personality assessment that will help match you with individuals who are suitable for you. Your test results, a description of what your ideal partner would be like, and partner recommendations are all free and have no obligation. You get to see who sees your pictures and your data is kept very secure.
These may be two of the most highly-rated dating sites in Ireland and if you are considering online dating in Ireland should definitely look into them. However, have a look around a few sites online first before you make your decision so that you have a good understanding of which site is best for you!
❤️ How Do I Meet Someone in Ireland?
You could meet the future love of your life anywhere, at any time as long as you see the signs and don’t let them pass you by. Some people wait for love to find them while others prefer to go out and find them! Below are some of the ways you could meet someone in Ireland.
★ The pub! This may seem a very cliched way of looking at things but in Ireland, it is definitely true. Head to the pub as a group of friends and who knows? You may find another single to talk to and possibly arrange a future one-to-one meeting.
★ Sports clubs - All sorts of sports are very popular across the whole of Ireland. You could join a club to play some national sports such as Gaelic football, hurling, association football or rugby. A quick search online will help you find a club to join and meet other singles who are as sporty as you!
★ Join a walking group. What better way to see the wonders of Ireland and get to know its people than walking through it with them? See the beautiful sights Ireland has to offer while getting to know other singles.
★ Meetup.com or Finder are other ways of meeting singles with similar interests to you. They provide you with access to different groups that partake in different activities from cooking to crafts, exercise to the arts. You can enjoy a hobby or learn a new skill while getting to know singles who have the same interests. What better way to start a friendship/ relationship than having something in common?
★ Lisdoonvarna matchmaking festival. This is one of Europe’s largest events for singles. Throughout September thousands of people head to this small town on Ireland’s West Coast in search of love. Throughout September there are many parties and much dancing and drinking. Make sure to book your accommodation in advance so you don’t miss your chance!
★ There are always different events or ways to meet other singles. A quick Google search will show you the best places to visit in your search for love.
❤️ Is Dating Easy in Ireland?
Dating in Ireland, or anywhere for that matter, is as easy or as difficult as you make it. However, it can be said that each town, city, or country has aspects to its dating scene that can make it easier or harder than other areas. There are a couple of reasons that people may give when asked if dating in Ireland is easy to explain that it can be difficult.
★ Ireland is not as big as you may think which means you are highly likely to bump into an ex or a previously unsuccessful date. If things don’t end amicably then this could cause unwanted tension or drama while you are trying to make a success of another date.
★ People are looking for something quick and easy rather than something of meaning. This is partly due to online dating making hook-ups easier or quick relationships more of a possibility. This means you may have to look harder for something of meaning.
★ People on holiday can also cause disruption to the dating scene. You make a match online, start talking and a connection starts to be made only to discover that they are only visiting Ireland for a week and will be gone soon. Make sure you know if they are a resident or a visitor!
These are just a couple of reasons that dating in Ireland may be seen as difficult. Remember, it can be very easy if you pay attention, are aware of what is going on, and don’t fall for any of the issues mentioned above!
❤️ What Traits Do the Irish Have?
The Irish are known worldwide for many different traits ranging from the physical (generally ginger hair, freckles) to their amazing sense of humor. Celebrities like Conor Mcgregor have shown the world how quick-witted and brash the Irish can be but what are the main traits of an Irishman or Irish woman? Below are just ten of the main traits to look out for.
1. Complaining — this may seem negative but actually complaints make the world a better place and bring society together. The complaint does not have to be a big one, it could just be about the price of a loaf of bread but they like to put the world to rights about it!
2. Busybodies — this means they will always know the latest gossip! They like a good curtain twitch or overhearing the latest news in the supermarket. So, make sure you are not up to no good as they will definitely find out about it!
3. Talking about the weather — the main topic of the nation! This is one of the best ways to start a conversation in Ireland and something everyone knows about.
4. Stubborn — The Irish temperament is well known. They can be exceedingly stubborn, especially about things that mean a lot to them.
5. Love the Craic — The Irish are a very laid-back people but they are always up for a good time. They are always looking for the next fun experience and you will often hear the term “It will be good craic!”.
6. Funny — The Irish are, by nature, very funny people….often without meaning to be! They love to be spontaneous and not rely on overthinking things.
7. Welcoming — The Irish are well known for being very welcoming and taking care of visitors like they are royalty. However, they are not very good at saying goodbye so you could be experiencing their hospitality for a very long time!
8. Social — one of the most common traits is that the Irish people are social butterflies. They love to sing songs, share food, and tell stories.
9. Goodbyes — as mentioned above the Irish don’t like their goodbyes. There is even something called an ‘Irish goodbye’ which is where they disappear before a goodbye is even due. Don’t take offense, they don’t even notice they are doing it!
10. Gift of the gab — It is true, the Irish love to talk! They will literally talk at length about anything and everything! The conversation on your date will never run dry!
❤️ How Do You Say ‘Date’ in Irish?
The Irish language is called Gaelic or Gaeilge. It is a fascinating, beautiful language that was the island's first language until the late 18th century. While English has been the main language since then Gaelic is still used and known by many Irish people to this day. It could be good when dating an Irish person to learn a couple of words or phrases in their native tongue to show that you are interested in their heritage. Below are a couple of words and phrases for you to learn!
Dáta — date. This word has many different uses from asking what the date is to arranging one!
Ba chóir dúinn teacht le chéile arís — We should meet again.
Ar mhaith leat bualadh le haghaidh deoch? — Would you like to meet for a drink?
Is breá liom thú. — I really like you.
An féidir liom d'uimhir ghutháin a bheith agam? — Can I have your phone number?
An bhfuil dea-am agat? — Are you having a good time?
Cad ba mhaith leat a dhéanamh i do chuid ama spártha? — What do you like to do in your spare time?
It is true that the Gaelic language is a tricky one to master but with some practice, you could master a few of these and really impress your date!
❤️ What Is Irish Chin?
The Irish chin is a phrase used to describe the ‘typical appearance of the Irish’. It is said that you can tell someone is Irish just by looking at their face. Apparently, according to many people, you can tell that someone is Irish by the shape of their chin. It is said that the Irish people have bigger, stronger, and more defined chins than other nationalities. Many Irish men are very proud of their chin! You may have also heard of the term Galway Girl. This refers to an Irish woman with jet-black hair and piercing blue eyes!