How to Make a Good Online Dating Profile
Last updated on September 16, 2023
When you are looking for your love online, you want to have fast positive results and chat with girls, not waste your time reading messages from women who are out of your range of interest. You want to impress the ladies you are interested in and the badly chosen photo or wrong words in your profile can scare them away. So get ready and study some tips about.
In the Article "Online Dating Profile"
- How to write an effective online dating profile?
- Tips for a Great Dating Profile
- Dating Profile Examples for Males
- Dating Profile Bio
- Short Dating Profile Examples
- What Should I Write in My Dating Profile?
- How Can I Improve My Dating Profile?
- FAQ about Dating Profile
To be effective and to attract your type of lady, an online dating profile should give a hint of what kind of person you are.
- ✅ Mention your strong sides and good qualities but avoid long odes about what a great man you are
- ✅ Be short. Your description should be easy and fast to read
- ✅ Be sincere about your interests and expectations
- ✅ Be honest about your intentions and life circumstances
- ✅ Choose reasonable age ranges for your search
- ✅ Make good photos
- ✅ Write in a positive manner – instead of writing “I hate lies” – use “I appreciate honesty”
- Start with preparing a good photo.
Of course, smart girls will appreciate your witty mind, cleverness, and ability to take care of her more than a glamorous look in photos. Nevertheless, photos give them the first impression of you. Profiles with photos get more attention from ladies surfing on the site. So, find the photo where you are neat, and shaved, your face can be seen well and there are no other ladies hugging you;)) The photo from the passport taken 20 years ago or a selfie from your bed will also not be well enough for your purposes. You can ask your friends to make a special shot for you when you hang up together or you can use the service of professional photographers. Usually, you can upload several photos on your profile, so add your holiday photos or office photos and avoid photos that need special comments (like photos with kids, parents, ladies, friends, and so on). You can share such photos later, during your letter exchange.
- Try to fill in most of the fields of the dating profile bio.
For first, this will give your pen pal a better view of who you are. For the second, most dating sites have the option to choose certain fields in the search engines. So, if you miss writing you are Scorpio or you do not want to have kids, your profile will not be seen by the girls who are looking for men with such criteria.
- Be honest.
Most of the sites will not check your passport for your real date of birth or other items. But imagine if you have a special connection with a girl, you come to see her, and then she gets to know you are 10 years elder than you mentioned in your profile or you have 3 kids instead of 1. This will give a bitter taste to your dating experience, lies will never help in searching for love. You will not get higher points on the dating market pretending to be someone you are not. There is a good saying – There is someone for everyone
- Avoid long descriptions of your character and the character of the lady you are looking for.
Just mention what is really important for you in a few words. The lady will make her own conclusions about your personal qualities while your conversation goes on. As for the description of your perfect lady – real women can afford themselves to be changeable and not understandable even for themselves. You can be attracted to a woman who will be very far from the perfect image you drew in your mind.
Let’s imagine Pete, 53 years old, Portugal, is looking for a lady for a serious relationship. Usually, the member’s profile on the site starts with short general information that is easy to complete, sometimes you have to choose a variant of your answer from the suggested. We will use the variant of the profile that is used on Slavic-girl.com
- First name: Pete
- Last name: You write here your last name
- Country: Portugal (you write the country where you live most of the time)
- City: here you put the name of the place where you live or the city close to your place if you live in the countryside
- Time zone: here you choose your time zone, this field is not visible for other site members but the site uses it when you book a Skype call to fix the proper time of the date.
- Phone: information about your phone will not be seen by other site members, site administration can use it only for sending you urgent information if needed and if you do not mind.
- Preferred language: now our site is available in 2 languages, English and French. You can choose one of these languages to interact with other site members and to get info from the site administration.
- Date of birth: Here you write your date of birth, on our site you start with the day, then the month, and then the year. We have pleasant surprises for your birthday and also lady clients will be glad to send you birthday greetings so do not skip that field;)
When it comes to your height, weight, hair, and eye color, marital status, and kids — you just choose the right description from the list. As well as education, profession, and level of English.
Then it comes to the list of your sports interests and hobbies, you just tick the box near those items you chose.
Preferred partner age: that is your right to put any numbers here but we would recommend you to look for the ladies with about 10-15 years difference. For our fellow Pete, 53, it will look like “from 38 to 50”
- About myself: You can write here any information that is important for your possible soulmate to know. Try to stay short and positive here, and avoid negative descriptions. Pete could write here “I am here not playing games. I want to find a good woman and see if we can be a good match. I do not like going out and weekend trips.” After reading such a description the lady will suspect that Pete is always annoyed and he is a boring person. Pete could write the same information but in positive words like “I am here for serious reasons and want to find a good woman to make her happy. I like gardening and silent calm evenings at home with my beloved lady”
- About her: If you start listing numerous features of the character of your future spouse here, this will look boring and pretentious. But mention here what is really important for you, Pete could write here something like “I want to meet a nice Ukrainian lady whom I can trust, who has one kid and does not plan to have more children as I have got my 3 kids already”
Pete could upload 3 photos to his profile. One is his portrait photo, then the photo of him standing in his garden, and the photo from his office. Such profiles will be informative, and interesting to calm ladies from 38-50 who like the householding, slow rhythm of life, and gardening and are happy with their one kid. Pete has a good chance to meet his lady, doesn’t he?
We can share more short dating profile examples for males but with all the tips, we have shared with you, you can easily write your own profile, the one that will reflect your personality and wishes.
The main rule here – be yourself and mention details that are important to you.
Meet our fellow Pete who is looking for serious relationships and lives in the countryside
- First name: Pete
- Last name: Passo
- Country: Portugal
- City: Alcochete
- Preferred language: English
- Date of birth: 12/01/1968
- Age: 53
- Preferred partner age: 38-50
- Hobbies and interests: horse riding, gardening, watching detective series
- About myself: I am here for serious reasons and want to find a good woman to make her happy. I like gardening and silent calm evenings at home with my beloved lady
- About her: I want to meet a nice Ukrainian lady whom I can trust, who has one kid or no kids and does not plan to have more children as I have got my 3 kids already
Usually, it is easy to write a dating profile, dating sites take care of detailed and understanding instructions. All you do – is respond honestly to questions you are suggested or just choose one of the proposed variants of the answer... You might have an opportunity to write a few lines about your own character, hobbies, or wishes. In that case, do not try to write your autobiography and describe your whole life – the task of your profile is to attract ladies' attention, you can lead a deep and sincere conversation later while talking to each other. Choose to mention 2-3 things about your life that are really important for you. Your work, your hobby, or the way you spend vacations. Then the lady will have what to ask you about. She will be able to make her own conclusions about how clever, generous, hot-tempered, or kind you are, so that makes no sense to enumerate your features of character in your profile.
- Check if you have recent photos of good quality in your profile. The good quality of the photo means you smile and your face is clearly seen;)
- Reread your profile and think if it is appropriate for your goals on the dating site. If you are 60 and you are looking for serious relationships, choosing ladies from 18 to 25 is not the best decision, is it?
- Try to avoid romantic rubber stamps and love quotes like “I am looking for my second half”, “I am looking for the one whom I can’t live without” and so on. Instead, write about your dreams or your everyday life.
- Do not focus on your profile only or how you look in others' eyes. Ladies appreciate when the man courts her, asks her questions and shows his interest in her. While you can fall in love with a pretty face in the photo, the lady will fall in love with your actions. So be active on the site and do not hesitate to initiate communication with the lady you like.
Filling Out Your Online Dating Profile
|⏩ Your Name or Nickname||For a woman, a man's name is not "just a name", while it shouldn't be too simple and hackneyed. And it should not be the name of her ex) But what to do in this case? You can't change your name, can you? Don't worry there is a way out. On a dating site, it is not necessary to write your name in the same way as it is written on your passport. You can compare how it sounds in other languages. For example, male names in Greek sound more attractive.|
|⏩ Fill in All the Points||A detailed (but not too long) description will allow you to bring out your best qualities. At the same time, blank items may indicate that you are careless about the search or you have something to hide.|
|⏩ Honesty||It is better to indicate the maximum truth about yourself. It is useful to write about your hobbies, which will be unusual and interesting — for example, scuba diving. The column "about the future partner" shouldn't contain information about what flaws annoy you. This may perceive you as capricious and ill-mannered. It is not necessary to indicate too specifically the image of the desired darling. If you indicate that you only like brunettes, then you may well miss out on the ideal blonde girl who, for the sake of her chosen one, could change her hair color. It is better to indicate real parameters about appearance, otherwise, the first date will be unsuccessful, since it won't meet expectations.|
|⏩ Work||When you are describing your work, it is worthwhile to express yourself modern. The job of a policeman can be called a detective, and a driver can be called a freight forwarder. Girls appreciate modern professions.|
|⏩ Finance||On the question of the financial situation, you can embellish a little. If the earnings are not very large, you can indicate “materially secured”. Any girl, even not in need of money, wants to see a man nearby who can provide for her family. Therefore, if you write "enough for life", you can alienate many girls. You can specify a car or apartment but without much fanaticism. Today it is no longer considered a special luxury, so you shouldn't try to buy a girl for it.|
|⏩ Marital Status||It is necessary to indicate the pure truth about marital status without details. For example, there was a relationship, that broke up by mutual agreement. For more recommendations on how to fill out the profile, take a look at the article Online Dating Profile|