The 229th anniversary of Nikolaev!
Mykolaiv City Day is celebrated annually on the second Sunday of September since 1789. This year September 9th is already the 229th anniversary of our lovely city!
What is planned?
- The day will gladden the citizens by a festival on the water "Nikolaev River Fest 2018";
- A projection show on the water and two regattas;
- A festival of classical music "Elite Fest" in the courtyard of the city council;
- A concert by famous musician Pianoboy, a world-known band “Zdob si Zdoub” and Rhythmmen drum show and parties of several social dance clubs.
Parade of ladies in white gowns
As usual, a traditional parade of Slavic women in white gowns will be held in Mykolaiv. Every year dozens of couples arrange their nuptialities on the city day to be able to participate in a festive event and be congratulated by a city mayor personally. It is always a bright and stunning event for which Ukraine girls choose extraordinary gowns.
If you ever have a chance to visit Nikolaev on city day, be sure to have good company to attend festive events!
More interesting facts
You will be definitely excited to know
- why our city is named “the city of beauties” (click and scroll to the page bottom)
- the best romantic ideas of spending time in Nikolaev